It’s still freezing cold in the mornings, but with the birds singing and the sun out during the day, there’s a wisp of spring in the air ☀️🌱🌷!
Here’s a few facts and ideas that may inspire you to get more single-origin chocolate into your daily Spring diet:
1. TTF chocolate is vegan and with 70% cocoa content as healthy as a treat this good can get: Our chocolate is made from cocoa butter, cocoa liquor and sugar (plus a tiny bit of non-GMO soy lecithin as emulgator to help bind high fat butter and solids together).
- Theobromine’s effect on humans is less than that of its big, much wider used brother caffeine. Chocolate can have a stimulating effect on you, similar to coffee (especially if served as a chocolate shot as in my mighty Chocpresso)
- Theobromine is helpful in treating asthma, since it relaxes smooth muscle found in the bronchi, according to a study mentioned on Wikipedia.
- Dark chocolate also contains flavanols, which “help maintain the elasticity of blood vessels, which contributes to normal blood flow” according to a 2014 study.
- Cocoa powder is a side product, often a poor substitute for the more valuable cocoa solids (known as “liquor”, no alcohol!) and cocoa butter, known for its high content of healthy fat.
2. Americans consumed 90M chocolate bunnies for Easter 2017, with $2.6 billion spent on Easter candy. Let’s have a conscious Easter 2018 supporting sustainable chocolate project this year!
|3. The New York Times writes about a breakfast porridge with cocoa for grown ups – we went ahead and created the TTF single-origin chocolate version with our precious Bolivia chocolate flakes.
Your Chance to Win:
Go try the Fabulous TTF Chocolate Oats yourself this weekend or make your own version. Share your creation on Instagram and tag me (@travellingfrenchman) to win a sampling set of finest Bolivia & Congo Real Hot Chocolate Flakes.